SASKATCHEWAN RUSH BRACKET CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY CARSTAR
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR. The SASKATCHEWAN RUSH BRACKET CHALLENGE (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by CARSTAR (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open only to individuals residing in the Province of Saskatchewan who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry into the Promotion (each such eligible Saskatchewan resident, as applicable, an “Entrant”). Registration is free and no purchase is necessary to participate at any time in the Promotion. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of the Western RV Group of Companies, the Sponsor and each of the affiliates, licensors and prize providers, and any other person or entity associated with the development or administration of this Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), as well as members of such employees, officers and directors’ immediate families, namely spouses, children, siblings and parents, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter this Promotion. Legal residents of any country or jurisdiction other than Canada may participate in the Promotion but are not eligible to win any prizing.
3. TIMING. The Promotion begins November 9th, 2017. The Promotion Website’s (as defined below) is the official clock for all purposes of the Promotion. Please check the Promotion Website for more information regarding the actual start and end dates and times.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
Enter at bracket.saskrush.com (the “Promotion Website”).
Entry into the Promotion:
Entrants must enter their name, mobile phone number, email address, and date of birth at the link above (the “Entry”). Once entered, Entrants will receive a text message prior to every Saskatchewan Rush and N.L.L. Champions Cup Final game week asking for their game pick.
LIMIT: ONE (1) REGISTRATION AND ENTRY PER PERSON AND PER MOBILE PHONE NUMBER DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD. No person may enter more than once by using different phone numbers and no phone numbers can be used to submit more than one (1) Entry. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Promotion. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Entries from the same person and/or phone number in excess of the number stated herein will be disqualified. Any attempt by an Entrant to use multiple phone numbers will result in disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all Entries by that Entrant. Entries that are incomplete, garbled or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. HOW TO PLAY.
Grand Prize Participants: To qualify for the Grand Prize, Entrants must be registered by no later than December 14, 2017 at 5pm CST. Entrants who register after this date and time or who fail to submit a weekly prediction can still qualify for the Weekly Promotion as described below. After an Entrant has registered in accordance with these Official Rules, the Entrant may participate in the Promotion by submitting weekly predictions as to which team will emerge as the winner in each of the Saskatchewan Rush’s 2018 National Lacrosse League (“N.L.L.”) Regular Season games, and 2018 N.L.L. Champions Cup Final games. The objective of the Promotion is to correctly select the “winning team” for each 2018 N.L.L. Regular Season game and Champions Cup Final game. In the event a Participant neglects to make a selection during any the Saskatchewan Rush’s 2018 Regular Season, or during the 2018 N.L.L. Champion’s Cup Final games, they will be disqualified from winning the Grand Prize. All participants qualifying for the Grand Prize must be registered no later than two hours prior to the start of the Saskatchewan Rush’s first 2018 N.L.L. Regular Season game versus the Toronto Rock on December 16th, 2017. If an Entrant correctly selects the winning team for each Regular Season and Champions Cup game, they will be the overall winner of the Promotion and will be awarded the Grand Prize. Ties will be governed by a random draw of eligible contestants on or before June 30th.
In the event an Entrant fails to submit a weekly prediction as required above, he/she will become ineligible to receive the Grand Prize, but can still participate in the Weekly Promotion and be qualified to win a Weekly Prize as further described below.
Weekly Prize Participants: After an Entrant has registered in accordance with these Official Rules, the Entrant may participate in the Weekly Promotion by submitting a weekly prediction as to which team will emerge as the winner in the respective week’s Saskatchewan Rush’s 2018 N.L.L. Regular Season Game, and 2018 N.L.L. Champions Cup Final game. The objective of the Weekly Promotion is to correctly select the winning team for each weekly Regular Season game or Champions Cup Final game. Weekly Promotion participants must make their selection two hours prior to Regular Season games and the Champions Cup Finals games.
Make Predictions/Selections: Every Thursday at 5:00pm CST, prior to Rush N.L.L. Regular Season games and 2018 N.L.L. Champions Cup Final games, entrants will receive a text message requesting to select which team will win. Entrants must respond with their selection no later than two hours prior to the start of each game, in order to participate in the Saskatchewan Rush Bracket Challenge.
6. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Promotion constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules by the Entrant.
7. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. At the conclusion of the Promotion, the Entrant who correctly selects the winning team for each Regular Season game and Champions Cup Final game (and wins, as applicable, any pending tiebreaker) will be determined to be the potential Grand Prize winner for the Promotion. The odds of winning depends on the number of persons participating in the contest plus the skill of each Entrant in his or her knowledge of the teams participating in the NLL and in selecting the choices needed to predict winning teams in the Season.
The potential winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately fourteen (14) days of the end of the Promotion. The potential winners of the Weekly Promotion will be notified by email and/or telephone within approximately seven (7) days after the conclusion of each weekly Regular Season game or Champions Cup Final game. If a potential winner cannot be reached after fourteen (14) days (in the case of the winner of the Grand Prize) or after seven (7) days (in the case of the winner of the Weekly Promotion), if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, if his/her prize is returned as undeliverable, and/or if he/she declines to receive the prize for whatever reason, such potential prize winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected (at the Sponsor’s sole discretion) from all eligible Promotion Entries received.
A potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner is not an official and confirmed winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned all required documentation, including, but not limited to, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver (together, the “Release Forms”), and the eligibility of the potential winner has been verified. Once a potential winner has been identified and notified, such winner will be sent the Release Forms. Each potential winner must complete and return all necessary Release Forms. All Release Forms must be received within ten (10) days after the notification of winning has been sent to the potential winner. If a potential winner does not complete and return all Release Forms necessary within the time given, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be chosen at the Sponsor’s discretion. Promotion Entities are not responsible for documents not received within the required timeframe.
Grand Prize – The Grand Prize is $100,000 cash and either a 2018 Ford F-150 or a 2018 GMC Sierra. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, and title fees. Winner may be required to show proof of insurance and a valid Canadian driver’s license prior to taking delivery and/or pick-up of vehicle as directed by Sponsor. Any additional vehicle options that are not standard on make and model of vehicle listed in prize description are at the sole expense of winner.
Weekly Prizes – Prizes for the Weekly Promotion will be announced on Saskatchewan Rush social media pages on the Monday of each Saskatchewan Rush game week. Entrants who correctly predict a Saskatchewan Rush win that week will be entered in a draw to win that week’s Weekly Prize. In the event of a Saskatchewan Rush loss, the Weekly Prize will be deferred to the following Saskatchewan Rush game week.
All details and other restrictions of prizes not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Any portion of any prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No cash or other substitutions may be made, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with another prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value whether due to the unavailability of a prize or prize component, or for any other reason. The winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and/or any other applicable taxes and/or other costs and expenses associated with accepting, redeeming and/or using a prize which are not specifically mentioned herein. Without limitation, except where legally prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s consent for Sponsor to use the winner’s first name and address (city & province) for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity relating to the Promotion only, without additional compensation.
9. RELEASE. By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants, including, without limitation, the potential winners, agree to forever and irrevocably release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, governors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates, related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”), from any and all liability, damages, property damage, injuries, death, claims, causes of action, cost or expense (including costs awarded on a solicitor and client basis), or losses of any kind arising from, in connection with or resulting from the Promotion and/or any element thereof, participation, entry or inability to participate in the Promotion, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or any part thereof, and/or the violation of any privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary right.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, if intervening circumstances warrant, within Sponsor’s sole discretion, due to any fraud, virus or other technical problem which corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, or for any other reason. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination, cancellation, suspension and/or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of dispute as to the owner of an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the Entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor or its designees with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible, and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and Promotion Entities hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes and/or non-infringement.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by non-human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated entry limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, altered or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Promotion, or for failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Promotion or these Official Rules and that the Indemnified Parties shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in the Promotion (including, changes in an Entrant’s Entry information which affects the ability to contact such Entrant); typographical errors in Promotion promotional material; acceptance/possession, defects in, use, misuse or inability to use a prize; cancellations and/or delays or any change by any company or any other persons providing any of components of the prize due to reasons beyond the control of any of the Indemnified Parties; any interruptions/postponement/cancellation of Promotion; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; any technical malfunctions of the computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by any of the Indemnified Parties or by Entrant; interruption or inability to access the Promotion, any Promotion-related Web pages, or any on-line service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of any one or more of the Indemnified Parties. Each Entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Promotion and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Indemnified Parties. Each prize winner releases each of the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability/responsibility with respect to the prize (and any element thereof) and/or the Promotion (including any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death) and hereby acknowledge that said Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any of the prizes (or any components thereof). Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense (including costs awarded on a solicitor and client basis), accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Indemnified Parties, or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of any of the Indemnified Parties, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of any of the Indemnified Parties.
13. DISPUTES. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Applicable to all Entrants: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any and all such disputes, claims and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event costs awarded on a solicitor and client basis, (iii) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, (iv) they waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, (v) they irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, as applicable to such entrant, and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have, (vi) if any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable, that in any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may be.